Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday High Five: Spring!

This week's first high five gets two snaps and a z-formation and goes to the spring clothes I've been able to wear this week due to the warmer than normal temperatures!  I wore a pair of capris that I bought 2 years ago without trying on (and didn't fit when I got them home but I was too lazy to return them) - they still had the tags on them!  I did notice by the time I got to work they seemed a little loose through the hip/thigh area.  Sigh... the travails of a mid-life waistline because they fit perfectly at the waist. I love the pop of color with a Caribbean Blue sweater and my beautiful shell necklace from St. Martin.  Wore a neutral pump because I'm not quite ready to wear a summery sandal.  I do have a pair of shoes that is a bit lighter and I think I would wear them the next time I wear this outfit.  Couldn't decide hand up or down, left or right leg angled, so you get to see one of each.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

High Five for spectacular outdoor running.  While the winter has been really mild and I only had to pull out my super cold running gear a couple of times, in the past week I've been running in short sleeved shirts and capris or shorts, even at 4:45 am.  Color me a happy runner! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My new "Spa" Slippers.  I've been wanting some of this style to use in the spring and summer and I found them by accident this week!  Of course new slippers called for new toe color. Shelley will appreciate the matching ;)  *Slap!* 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Everybody wave your hands in the air for absolutely amazing sleep.  Normally I deal with the mid-life wakeups and disruptions and craziness of laying awake for hours only to fall back to sleep and the alarm goes off.  For whatever reason - and I'll take any reason that gives me good sleep - I've been sleeping like a baby.  To the point where Mr. Helen has to keep poking me because my alarm is going off and I'm sleeping through it. (Pretty sure he'd like to give a thumbs down to that since he sleeps at least a full hour later than I do...) I feel fabulous right now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Remember last fall when I finally screwed up enough courage to try my hand at planting tulip and daffodil bulbs? Well, we've had a warmer than normal winter and the daffodils started coming up early, which worried me.  They were growing but of course I worried that they wouldn't flower. Then this week as I mentioned in the first paragraph up there, it has been even warmer, and I noticed some lumps forming on the tops of the stems. Last night I got home and look at what I saw!




See the tulips to the left and right of the daffodils?  I planted one tulip every couple of daffodils or so.  Looks like those will be next to bloom.

What a way to end the week!  High Five, twirl around and give me some dap!

12 comments:

  1. Blooms! Yay! We still have a ways to go before blooms happen here.

    I *love* that blue top! The color is gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, it's such a happy and positive post. It makes me smile!

    Weather here is amazing too but I've been not brave enough to wear my capri's at runs. Maybe tomorrow and if not, defnitely next weekend.

    And hooray for Spring clothes! I'm wearing something light today too and put away already most of my winter clothes, am bored with them.

    Have a great Spring weekend Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't daffodils the BEST!?! And you'll have even more next year, they'll naturalize themselves and clump together and be the best and brightest thing you see every day. At least for a couple of weeks. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh, I didn't know that! Must look up "naturalize." Now I'm really excited!

      Delete
  4. Hell's yes, I love the matching toes and spa slippers! :) :) :)

    Also? I'm happy for you that you fit into those capris, but as your BIF I have to say they're really too big for you...they aren't showcasing your fabulous legs. And you do have some nice gams (when did I become a 1940s mobster???), my friend!

    Love your pretty spring flowers - and I'm so happy that you're having such wonderful weather! Sure makes a difference in mood, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNEW you were going to say something about the fit of those capris! If I buy some to fit my gams properly, then Ima havta wear 'em unbuttoned. Nobody wants to see that lol!

      Delete
  5. Man, you are one cheerful blogger! Sleep. It does a body good!

    I LOVE your spa slippers. Must find some for myself.

    Aren't daffodils the most cheerful thing ever?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post just made me smile from ear to ear - love it! And congrats on getting the flowers to bloom - usually plants come to my house to die!

    Happy happy Friday Helen - high five! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Helen, I AM waving my hands in the air for good sleep. Woo Hoo. The flowers look so pretty. Bring on Spring. Hey, I'm a poet...
    Have a wonderful Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many good things in this post Heken! Doing the happy dance for you. :). I love it when the first flowers of Spring bloom. I have never planted bulbs but looking at your success makes me think I should try it.

    I don't think you will be wearing those Capri pants much longer as they will soon be too big. How cool is that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HIGH FIVING on the flip side of the weekend.
    it was a much needed awesomeone here for sure.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, love that outfit! Hope it gets to come back out when it's warmer again.
    Aww, the daffodils came up. I remember when you planted them.

    ReplyDelete