2. Big excitement at the Helen household. Remember the lilies I planted from root plants last year? Well they came up a teeny bit but never flowered. This year they've been growing like wild fire and as I pulled in the driveway the other day I saw this:
The first flower! Of course I looked at all the plants and there are lots of buds. I hope a bunch of flowers suddenly break out. As I am not a gardener and have now had daffodils, tulips and lilies bloom, you can color me happy.
3. I have started buying my Fage yogurt in a big container then dishing it out rather than the smaller individual ones. I was buying the smaller ones when they're on sale but most of the time I have about 2 oz. or so of yogurt left over. It's annoying and ultimately too many times, a waste - picture me at the end of the week cleaning out the fridge and finding 4 or 5 containers with 2 oz. left in them. Dumb.
4. I was officially invited to participate in the Black Belt Cycles which means I go to special classes every two weeks on Saturday mornings from 7:30-9:00 a.m. because I am now a candidate for the November/December test. I don't feel ready at all and completely froze in class the other night when they told us to work on our combinations. My mind went blank. Ugh. I think I'm panicking a little. Of course panicking does no good at all and what I need to do is figure out how to get over the stomach rumbling stage fright I feel about this test. I know the material, I can do it!
7. The other Tarjay sun dress. Our temps went from 65ish to 90 overnight so I finally had the chance to break it out. So cool and comfortable for a teeny bit of money! And look how much of my pretty St. Martin tan is lost due to no beach time yet. Sigh.
8. Had my first appointment with the doctor who is treating my aches and pains and I was actually impressed with his treatment plan. I know some of ya'll want details so I'll do a whole separate post mmmkay? When I told him that I had done my boxing classes and had been walking he was fine with that. He explained further, "Athletes like you [athletes like me!] are hard to stop so I generally advise no exercise and you guys generally just cut back a little which is really what I want." OHHHHHHH reverse psychology, eh? Even when I find something disagreeable about a new doctor I always give them a few visits - sometimes first impressions are not the real deal.
9. I saw this online the other day and was tempted to find it and buy it so the next time someone asks me why I keep running when I keep having issues and when I'm not really built for it (whatever that means!) then suggests that I stop, I could just hold it up and point. And now you all know the truth. It's not for health. *Cue Evil Laugh*