Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday Ten







"Every time we come close to a breakthrough, she backs away for fear of what is on the other side."
Chris Powell (health and fitness expert who specializes in helping the super obese and who shares my birthday)


"You can't let fear direct your life because you won't move - you just stand still."
Nyla (who went from 435 to 278 pounds over the course of a year, facing her biggest fears)


"The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back.  That's real glory.  That's the essence of it."
Vince Lombardi


"The abundant life does not come to those who have had a lot of obstacles removed from their path by others.  It develops from within and is rooted in strong mental and moral fiber.
William Mather Lewis




"You can have anything want, if you want it badly enough.  You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose."
Abraham Lincoln

17 comments:

  1. Great thoughts! Hope you are well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Helen, a few of them are on my motivation wall at home.

    It's good to see a blogpost of you. Like Kristen, I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you and thanks for some motivation this morning! I hope all is well.

    I especially love J.K's quote. That's a keeper, for sure. That's the one that allows me to treat myself with the same respect that I treat others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just what I needed and wanted to see this morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi friend! Glad to hear from your corner of the world. Good thoughts here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All lovely, true sentiments. Thanks for some great reminders, and holla! Nice to see you posting again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to hear from you today! Very nice post...it gave me a big boost!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A post from you!! Love it - total inspiration!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! A post! I think all jeans should be size healthy and not a number.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo Hoo...a post from Helen. Love this!!!! Great motivation. Have a terrific Tuesday Helen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, I needed that. I especially loved You were strong enough . . . and the Lincoln quote at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the JK Rowling one too... so true!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I KNEW I HEARTED JK!!!


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  15. I needed these so much! Thank you!

    Nyla frustrated me a little. But when you think about it, going from 435 to 278 in a year is phenomenal. We forget because of the amazing results others have gotten. I hope she keeps on going!

    The one by Dean Karnazes is the one I needed most this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice and inspirational and we could all use a little inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, fun to hear from you!

    If you combine the sentiments of the JK Rowling quote, with the message of the last one (Abe Lincoln,) that kind of sums up my question: Yes, I do believe you can be anything you want. But is a certain size or weight or "look" worth my SINGLENESS OF PURPOSE?

    ReplyDelete