9. The gel the doctor prescribed for my foot is not working. Well, it does work but only temporarily. I think the injury is too far gone at this point. Thankfully, I didn't waste money on it as it seems to be working great on Mr. Helen's tennis elbow, so he's happy I got it. Thursday I go back to the doctor and will begin a series of shots. Thursday cannot come fast enough.
8. We are enjoying our new mattress. We bought a Sealy Posturpedic and were able to get one of the nicer ones between the sale and our best customer discount. I did try the iComfort and also a Tempurpedic. One day maybe, when I have $2000 to spend on a mattress. In the meantime we're sleeping better, although Mr. Helen swears that I still sleep as illustrated by this diagram:
7. Ran in capris and a long-sleeved shirt this morning as it was only 49 degrees. Yes, that's below normal temps for this time of year. Brrrrr!
6. I am the only woman candidate from my dojo for black belt in Muay Thai this cycle. Last Saturday during the black belt prep class I completely showed up the other 2 (male) candidates, who for some reason don't know their material. To the point where they were singled out at the end of class and told to get their act together or they wouldn't be considered further and I was told great job. Proud of myself for not letting them drag me down with them, because they tried to. Both of them seem to have "issues" with women.
5. "Life exists beyond 50." Good to know.
4. My friend Em's bridal shower was on Saturday. It was a blast. There was an ocean theme and we made our own "favors" when we painted t-shirts by pressing them with rubber fish paint had been applied to. Here's my shirt, the awesome octopus cake with jelly-fish and oyster cupcakes made by Em's sister, a closeup of the cupcake I ate, and the shark hat that was decorated with ribbons from her gifts and that she will wear to her rehearsal.
3. While perusing Facebook this morning I saw this. I think karma (and Chris Powell) are trying to tell me something. "Call upon every ounce of your discipline today. You simply must stick to the plan."
2. I've decided to use this blog
1. Why do you think it's as hard to lose 35 pounds as it is to lose 100?