9. I can't believe how fast it has cooled down. Makes me want to eat heartier food, which I'm not sure is a good thing. That's why portion control is important. I made my first batch of Roasted Zucchini Soup for lunches this week and I changed over the decorations to reflect the season.
8. Friday, while eating my lunch salad, I thought I felt a tooth wigglilng. By Saturday morning I was sure. I only have one crown in my mouth and it was loose. I spent the whole weekend worrying that it was going to come off while I was sleeping and I'd swallow it. Thankfully that did not happen and my dentist got me right in Monday morning and was able to recement it.
7. Saturday, we went out and celebrated last week's football pick win. Yep, he was the loser - but he's such a good sport. Or maybe he was just happy that I also had a coupon for the restaurant I chose.
6. Shared an order of these chips and a salad to start. These were Buffalo Kettle Chips: warm chips with pieces of melty blue cheese and hot sauce! Ended up taking about half of them home and as we never ate dinner since we had such a late lunch, I enjoyed the rest of them around 8 o'clock with a glass of wine.
5. The reason I wanted to come to this restaurant: Macaroni & Cheese pizza. Plus they do an 8" personal size pizza. I had them add some bacon. Comfort food, which I needed due to my foot and loose tooth and a really sucky black belt cycle class on Saturday morning. It hit the spot and I had half of it left which is now in the freezer to have as a treat another day.
4. While I was at the dentist Monday morning, I stopped by the OB-GYN to make an appointment. They're in the same building and the last couple times I called to try to make one they told me he was fully booked and they didn't have his schedule past when he was booked. As it has now been too long since I last went, I thought maybe standing there in person would better help me get an appointment. The scheduler looked right at me and said, "He's quite busy, fully booked until December and I don't have his calendar after that." So I said, "This is why I haven't been here in 3 years. Because every single time I've called this is what I was told. Do I need to find another doctor? Can you perhaps recommend one?" Next thing I knew the office manager was standing there and I left with an appointment for October 16th.
3. My foot was ignorant all weekend long. I pretty much spent the entire weekend with it on ice any time I was at home. I called the doctor Friday and asked for a call back. He never called. I was not a happy camper but I called again yesterday morning and asked for him to be left another message and decided I'd make another appointment to go back in, not even knowing if I need to. When they told me he couldn't see me until October 12th, I lost it, but not yelling lost it. I started crying and told them their service was lousy for a current patient and that I didn't think they even cared about their patients. Next thing I knew I was getting a call from the doctor's nurse/personal assistant/office manager. About an hour after that, I had an appointment to see him today at 4:15.
2. How sad is it that these doctors are so overbooked like that? This country's medical systems needs an overhaul! But let's hear it for proactive office managers.
1. 'Nuff said!