Friday, October 26, 2012

Love is in the Air

Em's wedding is tomorrow.  My biggest hope is that Hurricane Sandy holds off from this area until after her wedding is over.  Simply for the sake of people who are traveling.  Looking like it's going to but the meteoroligists around here are just beside themselves with frantic anticipation.

Here's the dress I got.  She kept saying she wished I would wear something sort of retro and I think this fits the bill.  Reminds me of a 1950's cocktail dress.

I had spied it in the late spring at Macy's but didn't want to pay the price they were asking. By the time Macy's put it on sale, they had a size 2 and a size 16 left, neither of which are sizes that would fit me.  A couple weeks ago while looking around online at dresses, I saw a similar dress and that made me google the brand.  Lo and behold, the exact dress popped up on Ebay in my size!  I paid 50% of what Macy's had been asking.

While I wish I looked like that photo up there, I don't, but I think I will look very nice.  Besides as Mr. Helen said to me, "Who cares what you look like, Em is queen for the day, not you!"  Ha!  So romantic that man.

15 comments:

  1. Super cute dress, I am sure you will look awesome in it (it is seriously so stylish!). Hope the weather holds out for the wedding.. I live in NY and JUST heard about the frankenstorm or whatever they are calling it, crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having been privy to a sneak preview of you in the dress, I know you are going to look fantastic in it! Plus the deal you got was fantastic...maybe you should be a personal shopper?

    Hope that storm doesn't become what the weather guys want (you know they live for this stuff) and Em's wedding is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is adorable!!

    Her wedding is on my anniversary! how neat. :)

    Darn, weather. Hopefully it'll be just fine. Maybe it'll hold off for the wedding.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is very cute - and triple win for a bargain!

    I hope Sandy doesn't become what it is forecast to. Looks like it might be coming on shore a little further south, but who knows. Whatever, it certainly will be a mess come Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress. It looks perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress looks like a style made just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That model reminds me of Cameron Diaz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that dress Helen. You will look fantastic. Have a great time at the wedding!!!! "Sandy, you are NOT invited to the wedding...go away" :) Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure you will be beautiful!! I haven't even WORN a dress in five years. My muffin top is too big! :D

    Have a great weekend Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that dress! And am LOLing at what Mr. Helen said. As for Sandy? Who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that dress, it's beautiful. I bet you look fantastic! Enjoy that day...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would wear that dress in a heart beat Helen! You will look amazing in it and I'm sure you have an awesome shoe to go with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a beautiful dress Helen. You are going to look gorgeous. I have to go to a wedding in a few weeks and would love to find something similar. Have a wonderful time! Here in Western Mass we are not expecting the storm until Monday. I really wish the forecasters were wrong about this one. In the meantime we are trying to prepare as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Helen I absolutely love, love, love the dress! Please post a pic with you in it. This is a dress I would definitely buy for myself.

    I am thinking a lot about you and Lori these days and hope you both stay safe when Sandy arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  15. CAN NOT WAIT to see YOU in the dress.
    thinking about you.
    stay dry and safe.

    ReplyDelete