Going now into my third week of no cardio activity, I'm feeling the lack of endorphins. I grasped it fully over the last couple of days as we had overcast grey skies and I started feeling almost the same way I do once winter fully sets in even though our temperatures have been milder than normal. Additionally, we have some extended family stressors going on right now that almost make me feel jumpy. Yesterday morning I woke up and thought, "I feel stressed and sad." That's when I had to admit I'm feeling mildly depressed.
I'm not really sure what to do about it and I have a full two weeks more in this boot before I see the doctor for a follow-up. Even if he won't allow me to quite take the boot off I'm hoping to be cleared to maybe try the elliptical at the gym, which I will rejoin if he gives that OK. In the meantime, I feel stressed and sad.
- 2 lb. jumbo (21 to 25 per lb.) shrimp, peeled and deveined (I buy 2 lb. bags, frozen)
- Sea salt
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into very thin 1-1/2-inch-long strips
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts kept separate)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 14.5-oz. can petite-diced tomatoes, drained
- 13.5- or 14-oz. can light coconut milk
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice