Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Thanks

I've been so out of sorts lately - between my foot/boot and all the disruption of my life caused by that, and Hurricane Sandy,  I've been feeling tossed and turned and lost at sea.  This morning I woke up determined to find things to be thankful for and as such have decided I am going to write one gratitude a day for the thirty days of November.  Since I didn't post one yesterday, there are two today.  Enjoy your weekend, wherever you are!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 1:  I am thankful for my job.  Even though my situation is not ideal, it provides me a paycheck which in turn provides me with warmth, shelter, and food.  They gave us two days off with pay during the hurricane so there are good things amidst the difficult.

November 2:  I am thankful for friends.  Virtual friends like Lori and Shelley who checked on me several times during the hurricane, and in real life friends like Heather who has 5 children, no power for the last week, and is still being upbeat and positive.  People like this restore my faith in humanity.

9 comments:

  1. Like this idea very much. For the past years I have made it a habit to write down something positive of my day before I go to sleep. I do that every day for I think 3 or 4 years now. Guess it's a bit of the same idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Helen - finding the positive every day will feed on itself, too.

    I do that with my job when it gets frustrating. I am lucky to have what I do and be able to work at home. I try to be thankful for that because I know it could be gone without warning.

    That was great of them to give you the 2 days off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for this month, especially with everything that you've been dealing with lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I like this idea too. I have so much to be grateful for, and I do take it for granted. I will be joining you (not on line) this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea Helen!!! Have a wonderful Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed this today Helen. Money is tight, trying to figure out how I am going to make it work, then got the best news that Hannah got a job today and starts on Monday, which takes some pressure off. I am thankful for that! :D

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An attitude of gratitude goes a long way towards feeling good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. We all should all try to be thankful everyday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Helen! I am grateful for friends like you. :)

    ReplyDelete