Friday, November 30, 2012

Fresh and New

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” ― L.M. Montgomery

"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." 
― Mary Pickford

“The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning, great is your faithfulness.”

 Lamentations 3:22,23 

"Every morning we are born again.  What we do today is what matters most."
 Buddha


November 30: I am grateful that every day when I wake up and draw breath I have the chance for a fresh start.  Yesterday's failures and disappointments are over and done and a whole fresh, clean slate waits for me to paint it.

Tonight I begin testing for my first degree black belt.  I am looking at three 2-hour sessions: 7-9 tonight, 6-8 a.m. tomorrow morning and again from 1-3 tomorrow afternoon.

For me, there's a bit of irony in the fact that the testing is taking place at the end/beginning of a month as I've always loved those two days in every month.  For whatever reason the end/beginning always gives me the feeling that I can lay aside the previous month's mistakes and get a fresh start with the new month.

Achieving the rank of black belt is also the end of one journey and the beginning of another.  While I do not have any clear feelings as to where I will go from here, I just know it will be different and there's a clean slate of possibilities awaiting me.  I'm looking forward to that.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So ends the month of November and my 30 Days of Thanks. This has been a fun project! I have put together a page which is a tab at the top of the blog with all 30 days worth.  Some of the dates are clickable as there is more to the thanks, or a photo you might want to see.  I think it will be nice to look back at when I need to feel gratitude.

15 comments:

  1. I look at it this way: today with the first test you say goodbey to the training period for your black belt. Tomorrow when you do the other two and receive your black belt (no doubt about that) you welcome a new period.

    Good luck Helen! Keep us posted on FB how it is going. I will be thinking off you and cheer for you across the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Helen! I can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is on her camo belt and she is loving it. (She's 19.) Congratulations on finishing that process and beginning the next steps.

    You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quotes! Thanks for the gentle reminders they send. And I wish the best possible outcome and energy for your event. I was going to say good luck, but you have prepared long and diligently and with great purpose for this. You have surpassed any "luck". Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's finally here - testing day(s)! You totally have this. TOTALLY. And I'm with Leslie - you prepared for it, you're ready for it, and you're going to succeed with flying colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to look at each day as a new start too. Things always seem to look a little better in the morning - why is that? I love the positive attitude and have enjoyed reading all of your posts this past month.

    Wishing you all the best as you start this testing but I know that you are going to be brilliant as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quotes too! And I have loved your 30 days of thanks. It has reminded me to be more thankful in my life as well.

    Good luck with your test. Although you don't need luck. I know you are very well prepared for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your testing. Like you, I get some satisfaction about turning the page to something fresh and new. I also get that same satisfaction about using up the last of something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't even need to wish you luck because you have all that preparation behind you. You are going to smoke it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I'm totally confused. I must have misread a previous post because I thought you already earned your black belt. Note to self - reading comprehension skills need addressed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are going to kick ass Helen, I have no doubt! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have worked for this, Helen. You will do great! BTW: I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the testing! We are all rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete