Friday, November 16, 2012

TGIF

November 15: I am thankful for my women friends of "a certain age."  While I love all my women friends, there is something to be said for having friends your own age who have been there, done that and really understand.

My best friend at work, Karen, turned 50 yesterday.  We didn't get much work done as we partied off and on all day - so fun.  Her personal birthday party is tomorrow night - looking forward to that.  Cougar Club in full effect!


********************************

What a week!  I am sitting here typing this and proud to say I went to the gym every single day this week.  This was a huge adjustment for me - back to getting up at 4 a.m., and also the fact that I had to get in the car and drive 10 minutes to get to my workout.  I have been tired, but pleasantly so, with the bonus effect of sleeping like a log every night, which I haven't done in a long, long time.  

While I am still anxious to get back to running, I am ever so happily feasting on the feel good that I have been getting from these little workouts.  Another bonus is that I'm getting my sweat on and my foot doesn't hurt at all.  Will be an even better bonus if I've lost some weight...

November 16:  Today, I am simply thankful for Fridays.  There is something about them that has always made me happy but especially this week, I am thankful because it means no gym until Monday lol!



Gratuitous Fashion Shot:
Tahari black leggings with a grey-blue woven sweater.  Franco Sarto shooties.

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I am glad you got to the gym, get those endorphines going again will make you feel better already!

    I am going strong too - I have 10 5ks under my belt in 10 days - 31 miles! Now if the scale doesn't move with me also ditching the wine, I will be whining!

    Happy Friday - you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thankful posts. So glad going to the gym is giving you a little reward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - congrats on the gym going!

    I love Fridays, too. Even though I often work saturday mornings, it still feels like the start of the weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like a new person - gotta love those exercise endorphins!

    Cracking up at the Cougar Club. The mascot of our new high school is the cougar - every other school sells shirts that read "Tiger Mom" or "Viking Mom" and I'm wondering if they are selling a "Cougar Mom" shirt...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all I love your outfit - you look so thin! Great news about your foot not hurting even though you are exercising every day. I always sleep better when I exercise - which means I am so not sleeping well lately. This too shall pass.

    Enjoy your weekend Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're my hero! I so wish I could stay strong in the exercise part of healthy living. It's the hardest thing for me. I will go along doing pretty well for a while and just when I'm feeling kind of smug about it all, I mess up and don't exercise. Great week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting up at 4:00 am to go to the gym is commitment! There is no way I would do that! You are my hero :). Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an excellent point; I adore my younger girlfriends, but the women who are my age, going through the same weird/random body things, relationships, having the same cultural touchpoints, they keep me sane. :)

    No wonder I like you, Shelley, and Sheila so much. :)

    Cute outfit! Franco Sarto does make the best shooties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so hardcore! Here I am thinking getting up at 5.15 am to get in my workout is early but 4 am is really early! You rock Helen and I can't tell you how happy I am that you're feeling so much better.

    Hope the party was great, it weren't the shoes. Saw them on FB and immediately fell in love with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. IM so so in the place of treasuring my sameage friends lately too.
    the 40PLUS'ers who reallly get it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete