Monday, November 19, 2012

Trifecta!

November 17: I am thankful that as I age I have learned that not any one thing defines me in whole.  A bad scale reading does not mean I am a bad person.  Another person's opinion does not have to be my truth.  It only took me 50+ years to get here but I'm thankful and glad to be in this place.

I got on the scale for the first time in 17 days on Saturday.  I honestly had no idea what to expect but felt for sure I'd be down since I'd spent the week eating really well.  Imagine my shock when it said I had gained 2.4 pounds.  What?!  But the truth is, since I really do feel like I lost weight, it made me wonder what my reading would be had I weighed myself last week as well.  I'm certain it would have shown a loss.  In any case, I did not let that make or break my day or my spirit - the number was just a number and not a measure of the hard work I've been putting in towards my health.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 18:  A simple thanks that I finally won the football picks last week and got to go to my favorite breakfast spot, When Pigs Fly.  Love a Sunday morning brunch!

My choice: a breakfast quesadilla that was stuffed with scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon, avocado, and cheddar cheese then grilled.  Served with sour cream and salsa.  I skipped the salsa and opted for Cholula hot sauce. And I had a peppermint hot chocolate with whipped cream on it too!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 19: I am thankful that I found the blog Bye, Bye Pie.  June and her adventures with her 2 dogs, 2 cats and Ned, her boyfriend, make me laugh every single day.  

Go read this post from yesterday where she simply describes her weekend: Party in my pans. It really is a gift to be able to write like that.

8 comments:

  1. Man that quesadilla looks good! I am on a big time losing streak with picks now.

    It's funny how the scale number bothers sometimes and not others. Most times it doesn't bother me, but I think when it does are those times when I 'feel' thinner and get on and see the opposite. Nothing at all changed in my life but stepping on the box. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite of the Tri...November 17. I recall when I turned 50 it came to me that I really didn't have to take crap from anyone anymore. And...I don't have to work myself into a lather trying to get people to like me. That keeps increasing...next year I'll be 60! I'll be downright scary by then! And okay in my own skin. Free at last!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that quesadilla looks amaze...ing!

    Very proud of you for not letting the scale get to you - and I'm with Leslie on favoriting that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. I had the same experience that Leslie did when I turned 50. It was wonderful.

    I can still be affected by the number on the scale darn it. So it has been banished to the closet for an undisclosed amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for not letting the scale wreck your day - you are doing awesome!!

    I'll have to check that blog out - thanks for the link Helen - hope you have a great Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, it's just a number and life is so much better dancing to my own tune.

    I did not know that I needed to add another blog to my reader until I followed your link. Oh, baby, this is gonna be good.

    Happy Thanksgiving, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I come over and would you please take me to breakfast at that place. Boy that looks so good.

    Good for you that you don't let the number on the scale ruin your day. You're coming back from a nasty injury and are back on track. I'm sure next week you'll get a better number.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nov 17 is one of the best reasons to be thankful yet. I know how sensitive you are to the scale so I am thrilled you didn't let a fleeting number derail you. Yay Helen!

    ReplyDelete