Monday, December 17, 2012

It's A Wonderful Life

I live in Connecticut.  While I am 90 minutes away from where the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School took place, Connecticut is still in many ways a small New England state.  The grief has been palpable here, whether people knew anyone directly or not.  But the thing is - and I learned this the hard way with unexpected death in my own family - life does AND MUST go on.  So this week as the victims of that terrible tragedy, both adults and children, are laid to rest, we must, must continue on.  We must in their honor remember truly what A Wonderful Life we have.  Live it and treasure every minute.

As President Obama remarked, "God has called them all home.  For those of us who remain, let us find the strength to carry on and make our country worthy of their memory."

If you did not see President Obama's remarks at the Memorial Service last night, I've provided a link to them here.



Comments are closed.