2. I noticed the other day that two of the search terms that led someone to Doing A 180 were "heel fracture vs. plantar faciitis" and "torn plantar fascia." I'm really sorry whoever you are. If you actually read any of those blog entries you know I had both. It sucks.
3. I meant to blog a bit about our Valentine's Day but the every-other-day storms were just about all I could handle last week. It was memorable because Mr. Helen ended up grilling our petite filet and lobster tail in the unexpected 6 inches of snow we got that evening. The hardest/fastest snow was falling just as he needed to grill. Crazy!
4. I told Lori this the other day but I'll say it again here: I'm trying to find balance between tracking for knowledge and over-tracking my food. By over tracking I mean I look at what I've eaten and I'll see that I have blank number of calories "left" for the day. So I eat something, even if I'm not hungry. So completely silly to do that, especially as I'm not dealing with blood sugars or anything like that.
5. I've officially made my first purchase for my vacation - shoes of course! It almost felt a bit ridiculous buying them because there was feet of snow outside so these shoes didn't match that. But I was in a TJ Maxx and that's a store where if you see it and like it you better buy it. I love the blingy little detail on them.
6. My last Svaroopa yoga class is tonight. I have really enjoyed this beginners series and learned a lot. Do you know last week the instructor asked me if I would be interested in getting certified so I could teach classes myself? That was flattering. Not sure what I'm going to do after this, but I do want to try to keep a bit of yoga in my workouts!
7. We went out with some good friends to celebrate their 40th Wedding Anniversary! This is my friend who did the Dr. Oz diet and has been going to yoga classes with me. We were out with them a few weeks ago and they confessed they usually don't do anything, but I insisted something needed to be done because 40 years is a big deal. We made a reservation at a fancy restaurant where the portions are small but delicious and we had a great time. Our waitress had a candle put in their shared dessert because she said she couldn't stand to bring them the plain dessert when it was such a special occasion. They were only 18 and 21 when they got married - her parents forced it because they wanted to live together lol!
8. I LOVE the You Tube for TV feature I found on my DVD/Blueray player. I've been adding videos to my favorites lists so that I can do a little something extra a couple of times a week. Even though it's still inside exercise, it provides a rounding out of my exercise and works my muscles in different ways than running.
9. I'm becoming convinced that my body got the message from my two week jumpstart - eating regular this week I lost another 2 pounds! I don't know why I'm squinching the toes on my right foot - maybe anticipation?
1. Of course now that I'm on a bit of a roll, Friday of this week is when I'm having the double scope procedures: a colonoscopy AND an endoscopy. Each one has their own prep so I'm doing both at once. Starting today I have to eat a low residue diet, which basically means no fiber, no vegetables, the only fruit allowed is apple sauce or banana, no grains. Pretty much the opposite of how to eat healthy. It's going to be an interesting week. Of course I'll weigh myself Friday morning, just to temporarily see that number lol! But the next weigh in I'm really excited about is March 10th when I see my doctor again.