Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fat Tuesday Ten


2. Haven't been blogging because I really don't have much to say and I haven't been doing any extraordinary cooking or anything to share a recipe.

3. Got through the tests last Friday just fine but won't get any results - if there are any to be had - for about 10 days.  Hated that white diet followed by the day of clear liquids only.  In the end, even after the prep, I lost only 1 lousy pound.  When I officially weighed myself on Saturday I had maintained from the week before.  Glad I don't have to eat a white diet all the time.

4. Just came off three days of various cake and gatherings for my birthday.  I was ready to eat healthy and more normal as of yesterday then my office gave me a big old Dairy Queen birthday cake.  At the office you can refuse cake if it's not yours.  I had a sliver and it was delicious but sort of messed up my good eating for the day. Ironically, I do not have one photo to show of any of the gatherings because not one single photo was taken.  I guess I must be the family photographer.

5. It was 4 degrees this morning.  Even with the treadmill being in the garage I did not want to run in that, so I did two workouts I found on You Tube.  Still don't feel like I had a any kind of work out so I think I'm going to do this one when I get home today if I have the energy - it's only 15 mintes but high intensity:
http://www.doctoroz.com/video-series/shaun-t

6. I say "if I have the energy" because I'm still dealing with that cold.  Now it feels like it's gone into my sinuses so I feel stuffed up all the time.

7. Between MY cold and the cold outside, I feel pretty worn out.  At least we didn't get the foot of snow they'd predicted for us Sunday night and the skies have been blue.  Still, it's so wearing - not to mention record breaking.  We are still consistently running about 20 degrees below normal average temperatures.

8.  I'm hoping to run 7 miles on Saturday.  I don't care how long it takes or how slow I go, I'm wanting to get my long runs back into real long run territory.  Of course, that's easier to do if one feels better and healther, and of course weighs less.

9.  I got some good news when I went for my testing last Friday:  my blood pressure was way, way down to 144/76.  I know that would be high for some people but considering I was regularly runnning 160/95, it's a huge improvement for me. So, it seems the new meds AND the weight I've lost so far are doing the trick.

10. I was hoping to be up to 15 pounds lost by the time I see the doctor on Monday but after the three day cakestravaganza, I'm not sure I'll get there.  Still not going to let that bother me though as I promised myself not to set any deadline type goals but rather to just work on getting my weight back down to a better place. Sort of like Debby did last year.

14 comments:

  1. 1. Love the cartoon. I"m sending it to my BF.
    4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    6. I've had a cold for a week too! Not a heck of a lot of exercising being done. The worst part was that I felt I couldn't get a deep breath. So I kept trying and it seems like I've damaged something or other just trying to breath… Back to the gym today I think!
    9. Congrats on your BP! That is a GREAT improvement!
    10. Yep. Veeerrrrrrryyyyy slow seems to be the best (only?) option after a certain age...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself, "So what if it takes all of 2014? Doesn't matter. Just do it."

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I am so over this winter too - I think it's just sapped my mojo on working out and eating right. I am happy to say my switch is back on - got my 60 minutes of exercise in yesterday and made it to the gym before work for upper body - IT FEELS SO GOOD I don't know why I stop. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only time I'm ever able to turn off my exercise switch is vacation. Not sure why either. I just feel like I need to do something 5-6 days a week, even if it's only 20 minutes.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I've been so off schedule I didn't realize I'd missed it. I even ordered stamps online over the weekend (because our post office sucks so bad I'd rather pay $1.30 in postage than go there if I don't have to) and told Jeff I'd happened upon the perfect one for your birthday card (and yes, he thought that was weird, but he's a man...). But I didn't realize it was March already, lol! Oh well. It'll be late (the stamps haven't arrived yet and by god, you are going to get that stamp), but there was thought behind it...just not punctual thought.

    Love that Fat Tuesday reference. Feeling it today, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now, obviously I NEED that stamp lol!

      Delete
  4. I missed your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    Whether or not you are down 15 pounds, look at the progress you have made. Lower BP and lower weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And I keep telling myself that just because the celebrations extended 1 day longer than I anticipated it isn't the end of the world. Also can I secretly tell you I haven't had ice cream cake in years and it was freaking delicious!

      Delete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Helen.

    Were you "out" for both the tests? I was told I would be awake for the endoscopy and I freaked out when they described it. Scaredy cats 'R us. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was in twilight sedation but honestly don't remember a thing, including the last thing that was said to me lol! Since the doctor sedates for the colonoscopy why wouldn't they just keep you out for the endoscopy? I've never heard of such a thing.

      Delete
  6. Belated happy birthday wishes! I'm so happy there was cake! :)

    YAY for lower blood pressure! Mine tends to run slightly high (heredity, mostly) so I know how good it feels when you get a good reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blood pressure is heredity too. Combine that with stress and well...

      Delete
  7. Since I didn't forget your birthday makes me your new BIF :) and I deserve a visit from you this weekend, if only because of the 53 degrees we are supposed to have this weekend. You deserve sunshine, winter has been long enough by now.

    At this moment I don't have Fat Tuesday, I have Fat every day of the week day :) but still to lazy to do something about it. It will come eventually, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather is supposed to warm up this weekend too - but maybe not to 53. I'm ready for it!

      Delete