Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Fat Tuesday Ten
2. Haven't been blogging because I really don't have much to say and I haven't been doing any extraordinary cooking or anything to share a recipe.
3. Got through the tests last Friday just fine but won't get any results - if there are any to be had - for about 10 days. Hated that white diet followed by the day of clear liquids only. In the end, even after the prep, I lost only 1 lousy pound. When I officially weighed myself on Saturday I had maintained from the week before. Glad I don't have to eat a white diet all the time.
4. Just came off three days of various cake and gatherings for my birthday. I was ready to eat healthy and more normal as of yesterday then my office gave me a big old Dairy Queen birthday cake. At the office you can refuse cake if it's not yours. I had a sliver and it was delicious but sort of messed up my good eating for the day. Ironically, I do not have one photo to show of any of the gatherings because not one single photo was taken. I guess I must be the family photographer.
5. It was 4 degrees this morning. Even with the treadmill being in the garage I did not want to run in that, so I did two workouts I found on You Tube. Still don't feel like I had a any kind of work out so I think I'm going to do this one when I get home today if I have the energy - it's only 15 mintes but high intensity:
6. I say "if I have the energy" because I'm still dealing with that cold. Now it feels like it's gone into my sinuses so I feel stuffed up all the time.
7. Between MY cold and the cold outside, I feel pretty worn out. At least we didn't get the foot of snow they'd predicted for us Sunday night and the skies have been blue. Still, it's so wearing - not to mention record breaking. We are still consistently running about 20 degrees below normal average temperatures.
8. I'm hoping to run 7 miles on Saturday. I don't care how long it takes or how slow I go, I'm wanting to get my long runs back into real long run territory. Of course, that's easier to do if one feels better and healther, and of course weighs less.
9. I got some good news when I went for my testing last Friday: my blood pressure was way, way down to 144/76. I know that would be high for some people but considering I was regularly runnning 160/95, it's a huge improvement for me. So, it seems the new meds AND the weight I've lost so far are doing the trick.
10. I was hoping to be up to 15 pounds lost by the time I see the doctor on Monday but after the three day cakestravaganza, I'm not sure I'll get there. Still not going to let that bother me though as I promised myself not to set any deadline type goals but rather to just work on getting my weight back down to a better place. Sort of like Debby did last year.