Thursday, March 13, 2014

Is it Summer Yet?

Unlike some other parts of New England we just really lucked out with this latest storm.  The week began with predictions of 6" of snow.  By Tuesday night that had changed to heavy rain turning over to a flash freeze with snow on top.  As I left yoga last night, it was pouring rain and 50 degrees.  I found it hard to believe that the temperature would drop that fast but it did.  What saved us was the wind.  The winds blew so hard that by the time it was cold, the roads were dry so the flash freeze didn't really happen.  There were a couple of bands of snow that came through but my area of the state only got a dusting.  Hallelujah and Amen!!

Speaking of yoga, when I finished the four week course they offered new students a special of 3 classes for $33.  My friend and I decided to go ahead and sign up.  Then they gave me a free class for my birthday last week so I ended up with enough classes to go once a week for the month of March.  I'm really enjoying the yoga but honestly once really good weather gets here I don't see myself sticking with it unless someone comes up with yoga in the park like Shelley found in her area a couple of years ago.  Speaking of Shelley, she is doing a giveaway of some exercise DVDS.  Maybe if you've had a winter like I've had you'd like to enter that drawing (even though I secretly hope I'm the winner!).

I don't want to inundate with catch phrases or sayings, but I'm not kidding when I say as we got to the end of yoga class last night and the teacher offered the thought of the day, it was exactly what I needed to hear.  I went on their Facebook page to find their email because I wanted to write the teacher to get the exact wording, and there it was.  They had posted it in a graphic form. So, I'll end with this - maybe it will have meaning for you too!




14 comments:

  1. that final quote has motivated me lately.
    it's sparked NOs to some tempting stuffs for JUST THAT REASON.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we got just under 2 inches and were expecting 8 - love when that happens! 50 degrees tomorrow, so I hope it will melt the dirty snow that's everywhere - I miss sitting outside when I get home from work!

    I am stealing your quote and putting it on my Healthy for 2014 page on Facebook - hope you don't mind. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind, it's not really my quote LOL!

      Delete
  3. I love it when things just seem to align...the yoga class deal, hearing what you needed to at just the right moment to really HEAR it - it's nice when this happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeeee too! Now, if we could align the temperature with the light I'd be good ;)

      Delete
  4. Okay all of you with no snow! We got pounded with it. Plus ice and sleet. I have decided if it snows again I am not going to shovel. We will just wait until May to leave the house :D

    At least it is sunny today. We are supposed to get to 40 on Saturday! If there wasn't so much snow, I would get the bike out LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so lucky that I got to run outside at 4:30 am for M-T-W this week. But seriously, today we went backwards to January, even if it didn't snow a lot. UGH.

      Delete
  5. Great little quote! SOmething we should be asking ourselves everyday!

    YAY to the weather missing me too.....other than some ferocious wind today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind was ridiculous. Our windchills were below zero all day.

      Delete
  6. I can wait for summer. I'm afraid with the mild winter we've had that we're in for a scorcher of a summer. Oh well, maybe I'll finally be motivated to get back in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that quote!

    We're beginning to see signs of spring here, and not a moment too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you that you didn't get the snow they forecasted. Enough is enough. You deserve sunshine and Spring.

    I love the quote, I try to remember it today and evaluate tonight if I did this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get the snow they forecast for today either - it went south and is pounding the Washington DC area. Sorry for them but happy for us!

      Delete
  9. I wish it was summer yet! Full of hope, I write about spring and pray that it will bring it faster! LOL


    Yoga is wonderful. Every time I do it I tell myself I should do it more often.

    ReplyDelete