2. Even though the last two predicted snowstorms have passed to the south of us, here is evidence of our lower than normal temperatures - a stubborn pile of snow on my patio - there's a bigger one in the front yard. Sigh.
3. Here is a photo of the best Eggs Benedict I've ever had. Mr. Helen took me to brunch on my birthday and it was what I chose as my main. Poached eggs with Serrano ham over crispy polenta with a drizzle of Hollandaise. The crispy polenta really made this dish so much better than a soggy English muffin. Those are their truffle frites in the background - unlike any other breakfast home fry you'll ever have. I may never be able to order anything else at this restaurant.
4. Speaking of my birthday, the card Shelley sent me had "my" lighthouse on the stamp. You've seen it before on this blog when I've taken photos while running down by the ocean. I was as tickled with that stamp as I was with the card lol!
5. I got two absolutely gorgeous bunches of flowers for my birthday, which was a couple weeks ago. Believe it or not they are still beautiful and all I've done is freshen the water!
8. We also spent the weekend with these munchkins. We don't get to see them as much as we'd like as it's a bit of a process involving ferry rides back and forth to get them. Grammy Helen took them back home on Sunday. Gracie melted my heart when she laid her head on my shoulder, sighed and said, "I guess I have to wait until Easter to see you again." After they left, it was all we could do to stay awake until bed time. We were pooped!
9. Having those little squirts meant I did not get a super long run in on Saturday - I only had time for 4 miles. Still happy to have gotten that in though. I've also added back doing a short Body Weight warmup before shorter runs. I know, know, know I need to be so much better at this type of thing but while I could run for hours I don't have the pateience for more than 15-20 minutes of strength/body weight training. Here's a favorite one:
10. Finally ordered, framed, and hung the photo of us at the bottom of Mooney Falls from last year's Grand Canyon trip. Now my plan is to surround it with smaller photos from the rest of the trip. Let's see how long that takes.
And that's it in Helen world right now!