Friday, April 25, 2014

By The Time I Get to Phoenix

.... oh, that was last year's vacation wasn't it?  Our completely fabulous Grand Adventure.  Did you ever If you haven't read about that trip, there's a tab right at the top of this page that has all the posts, which contain a boatload of fabulous pretty good pictures!





This vacation will be just as fabulous but in a much different way...



The good news is that I'm ready.  Shelley's wish that I find those couple of things I wanted but didn't need worked.  I found gold shoes!  I also found a couple of sundresses and I pieced together another bathing suit by buying 2 inexpensive ones and using the top from one and the bottom from the other. That bathing suit still cost me less than my other new one. (Thank you to my sister and her family for the birthday gift of a very generous TJ Maxx/Marshall's gift card!)


I'm really looking forward to the R&R. I am one who whole heartedly believes vacations are a time to completely dump routine.  For me, that means no planned exercise.  Will there be some nice slow strolls and swimming and that sort of thing?  Sure!  But none of the I'm getting up at 6 a.m. to run variety.

In preparation for not doing much other than laying on the beach, eating, drinking, laying on the beach, shopping, and laying on the beach, I exercised 14 days in a row without taking a rest day.  I haven't done that in a long, long time.  By the end, my legs sort of felt like I was back in marathon training, and I sure was glad when it was the 14th day.

I hope my body realizes that I'm resting it and some of the minor aches, pains, and aggravations I've been having heal up!

I have a couple days of miscellaneous stuff to get done before we're off.  I told Mr. Helen I still don't think I'm going to get to the closets - in fact I may end up shoving more stuff in there. That's what they're for, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget about the Tommie Copper Compression Wear Giveaway.  You have until May 11th to enter!

8 comments:

  1. I love the combo of the two suits - great idea! And huzzah for finding your gold sandals!!!

    When do you leave? Take me with you?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That vacation came up fast! Just in time, right? Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should see my closet of shame. LOL!

    I hope you have the best of vacations and get all that rest you need. Leave room in one of your suitcases because I will be stowing away in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weee!! So excited about your trip - I hope you post on Facebook while you are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Helen! I'd like to get in touch with you about another possible giveaway (this time from www.insolesandbeyond.com). Would you shoot me an email? Ashley@insolesandbeyond.com. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You so deserved this trip after the long hard winter you've had!

    I'm like you on vacation: let go of routine. After all that's what vacations are for right?

    Not sure when you are leaving exactly but just in case: I wish you a wonderful, sunny vacation. Enjoy, enjoy, ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you are just NAPPING AND READING!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are having an AWESOME, lazy, lovely, sunny time.

    ReplyDelete