Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday High Five

I know not everyone is into NCAA basketball but I have to tell you it’s pretty crazy to be living in Connecticut right now with both the men’s and women’s basketball teams in the Final Four.  I feel like if they both win, rioting will commence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tale of the Tape #1:  Valerie Bertinelli has gained some weight and it's finally caught up to her to the point where the media is talking about it.  Turns out Valerie broke her foot back in December and couldn't work out.  Huh.  Now here's a woman who surely has many things at her disposal to help her and yet she couldn't work out and gained weight.  Maybe I need to stop being so hard on myself for the weight I gained with my stupid fractured foot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tale of the Tape #2: Biggest Loser winner Rachel, says she has gained 20 pounds since she shocked even the trainers during the finale with her skeletal appearance.  She has admitted she went overboard with her training and has declared that with this gain she’s at her perfect weight.

She weighed 105 at the finale which means she weighs 125 now – putting her in the normal weight category for her 5’4” height.

125 is my perfect weight too.  I think the last time I saw that number was sometime in 1980.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My new bathing suit for our vacation.  The color reminds me of that perfect, perfect Caribbean water.  All the better to blend my chubby self right in!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wish me luck, the paint-palooza has begun.  I prepped the room last night after work so I’d be ready to go first thing Saturday. I may have succeeded in guilting Mr. Helen to help a bit - before he left for work this morning he said, "Don't be surprised if I get started on the painting after work today."  You know I'm hoping that will happen!  But if not, I’m going to do it.  It has to be over and done with before I go to bed Sunday night.

11 comments:

  1. Love the color of your bathing suit, so bright.

    I've read that about Valerie too. To me it was "good" to read to know that famous people have to put in the same work for their body as we do.

    Good luck on the painting job this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ your camouflage suit! Its really pretty. And having it must be a fun reminder that your vacation is not too far away!

    Interesting articles on the two celebrities. Rachel "I'm in maintenance mode, which is as hard as weight loss, I think." Girl, you've got no idea. Come back and talk to us in five years! And Valerie---hmmm, how bout maybe its really really hard to maintain that low weight when you're middle aged? LOL, not that I'm cynical or anything…

    Your comment about the last time you were that perfect weight cracked me up! I think my "perfect" weight for my height is 105 (5 feet tall.) The last time I weighed that might have been in sixth grade (1966)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't checked back with Rachel from BL, but I am glad she gained weight - she was just sickeningly thin. I graduated high school at 116. After my freshman year of college I was 125 - but I started weight training for field hockey - the first time I had ever done that and I looked smaller even though I weighed more. I AM GOING BACK TO WEIGHT TRAINING NEXT WEEK! I figure if I shout it, it will actually happen!

    Love the color of your suit - jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL on the camouflage suit - what a brilliant idea!!!

    I'm with Debby - it IS harder to maintain your weight as you get older, and everything shows up on short people like Valeria (and moi). And same goes for Rachel - I'm glad she gained some weight since she got down way too low, but she has no idea how or if she'll be able to maintain it. She's had such extremes in the last year that the poor thing probably doesn't even know what normal is.

    Fingers crossed you come home today to see a painted room. I like that you prepped it a day early...just in case. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fingers are joining yours Shelley. Even if the first coat was done today it would make tomorrow so much easier AND I might even salvage Sunday lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maintenance is f***ing hard. I feel like I have to be in losing mode to maintain. It's like I cannot even lose anymore.

    Anyway, that is such a pretty color suit!

    Reading about you painting makes me *want* to paint. I have to find a project now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the suit! Vacation looms! Here's hoping the painting gets done. And I've got UCONN men winning it all in my bracket. Everything else is BUSTED!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice suit!!!! :) Have fun painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty suit! Love that color.

    It would be awful to have to go through maintenance with an audience, I think. Well, other than a blog audience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful color on the suit, and the style is wonderful, too! I'm thinking if both UCONN teams win and the rioting begins, the resulting escapade will be a good workout.

    ReplyDelete