Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Happy.

Vacation is coming soon!  I went through all my summer clothes and honestly, do not need to buy a single thing.  What I would LIKE to have is one more bathing suit and a pair of gold sandals.  But if I don't find anything, I'm not sweating it.  Also, very oddly,even though I am not at all where I want to be weight-wise, I am not letting it bother me one iota.  I intend to enjoy this vacation and fully participate (in laying around and eating good food lol!).  I think our vacation to the Grand Canyon last year just made me realize that life is too short to not participate in wonderful experiences, weight be damned!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The new window scarves arrived last Friday and this time they are perfect!  Now, we're just waiting for the area rug and the living room will be done.  Photos coming as soon as that happens. I am very happy with how it has come together and can't wait to start working on artwork, etc. for the walls.  I am also VERY happy that I found a sectional that will go down my stairs!  I took some measurements and went back and worked with our salesman and he talked with the driver who did the first delivery and we found something!  Bonus #1 was that they are not charging us a second delivery fee.  Bonus #2 is that Mr.Helen was so swamped at work he told me to just take care of it since I work 2 miles away from the furniture store - wheeeee!  Bonus #3 is that I got to pick every single aspect of the unit:  the pieces I wanted, the fabrics I wanted, the pillows I wanted - even the welting on the cushions. The whole experience was like I was spending big money - a very fun, satisfying and happy experience!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got to have a sunshiny, short-sleeved 6 mile run last Saturday. I somehow managed to run it faster than I've been running lately. I was hysterically happy.  If I didn't have so much to do, I would have kept running, it was just going that well.

My hot sweaty, freckled, happy face

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally a video (from a friend who never posts such things) posted on Facebook.  I'm so glad I took the 10 minutes to watch it through as my friend suggested, because it reaffirmed to me that we should leap on every chance we have to live our lives fully!




11 comments:

  1. YAY on finding a sectional that you like and that will fit AND not having to pay a second delivery fee!

    I was looking through my shoes the other week (yes, I like shoes) and found a pair of gold sandals that I've only worn maybe once! YIPPEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn my gold sandals out. I really do need to find another pair, they are such a great, dressy neutral!

      Delete
  2. Yippee on the sectional! Double yippee for getting to pick out every aspect on your own!! So happy for you that this furniture sitch all worked out so nicely! :)

    Doesn't a good run just make the world seem right?

    And I'm very glad you are approaching your vacation with such a great attitude! I know you'll have a blast (and I hope you find gold sandals beforehand, too)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good run corrects everything - and it doesn't even seem to matter what the pace of that run is.

      Delete
  3. I knew you would find a solution to the sofa - yippee! And the fact that you got to pick it out by yourself - bonus!

    I am so happy you are HAPPY! Biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know my old boss used to fly or drive all the way to North Carolina to pick out custom stuff and I got to do it just miles from my desk. It was fun!

      Delete
  4. Yay for the sectional and getting to pick out everything *you* wanted! No sharing :D

    You could always get some krylon gold paint and spray paint some sandals if you can't find gold ones LOL!

    You know that saying that everyone had a bathing suit body. You have a body and a swim suit. Done and done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For years I had a larger lady who was my fantastic hairdresser. She was talking to me about buying a bathing suit and said something along the lines of "Hey, even big girls deserve a nice day on the beach. Everyone can find an appropriate suit." I've never forgotten that!

      Delete
  5. Isn't it fun to go through last summer's clothes and find that they still fit, and still look good (and in my case, don't have any stains on them :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes they are Dutch, they are a huge hit on Youtube. I saw them on a Dutch talk show last week. They didn't know each other but responded to an add where they asked for people who wanted to do things they have never done before.

    You are so right not to let the weight ruin your vacation. I would come over and kick you if you did! You have to enjoy it, you work hard enough all year for your vacation, don't let the stupid weight take away the fun.

    As I've said on FB the other day, seeing your after running pic made me happy too because you look happy. In fact this whole post makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "life is too short to not participate in wonderful experiences, weight be damned!"

    Amen, sister! One of my few life regrets is that I let my weight stop me from fully participating in everything that came my way!

    ReplyDelete