"Love yourself the way you are right now." It doesn't matter where you are right now. If you only love yourself when you are perfect you will never love yourself... so start now. When you love yourself you make choices that will honor and preserve your health. So start now and watch how your health improves! Improved health and weight loss go hand in hand.
4. My own gorgeous Knockout Rose. This little thing is only in it's second season and it's blooming like crazy.
5. Each week our work Challenge Coach is giving a small prize to the person she feels has embraced the previous week's homework and is embracing the changes in a positive way. Guess who won the first week's prize? Why yes, that would be me. It's just a water bottle - a nice one sort of like the Camelback style. The folks at my job were cracking up that I got it because I was the one they dragged kicking and screaming into the workshop.
6. Saw this house while out on a morning run. A lot of us urban folks have tiny yards. Love that these people are making the best of what they have!
7. I've pretty much stopped thinking about food all the time. When can I eat? What should I eat? Is it healthy? Etc.,etc., etc. I'm just... eating - whatever. I thought that would be scary but it's not. It's relieving.
8. Mr. Helen's face when he realized I had made him fried chicken for his early Father's Day meal last Saturday. I probably fry only about once a year, if that, so it was a huge treat for him. Along with my lower fat red potato salad, southern fried yellow squash and his very favorite blueberry pie, made with fresh blueberries, all homemade, including the crust. And that was a sacrifice because I do not like working with pie crust!
10. Got home from work to find a package addressed to me. It was a "just because" package from Little Helen. She wished for us to have a great summer on the patio, so sent along some fun beverage napkins, hors d'oeuvre knives, and added a Sephora gift card (which didn't make it into the photo, I was so excited). I don't know if there's anything better than spontaneous love from your child!