Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday Ten

1. These are flowers growing along my neighbor's retaining wall that also line my driveway.  It's like having my own garden!


2. I've been having fun working on my vision board:

3. This daily motivational email we got from our challenge coordinator happened to hammer home what I've been wanting for a while now. Harder to do than you'd think but worth it in the end.
"Love yourself the way you are right now." It doesn't matter where you are right now. If you only love yourself when you are perfect you will never love yourself... so start now. When you love yourself you make choices that will honor and preserve your health. So start now and watch how your health improves! Improved health and weight loss go hand in hand.

4.  My own gorgeous Knockout Rose.  This little thing is only in it's second season and it's blooming like crazy.


5.  Each week our work Challenge Coach is giving a small prize to the person she feels has embraced the previous week's homework and is embracing the changes in a positive way.  Guess who won the first week's prize?  Why yes, that would be me.  It's just a water bottle - a nice one sort of like the Camelback style. The folks at my job were cracking up that I got it because I was the one they dragged kicking and screaming into the workshop.

6. Saw this house while out on a morning run.  A lot of us urban folks have tiny yards.  Love that these people are making the best of what they have!

7.  I've pretty much stopped thinking about food all the time.  When can I eat?  What should I eat? Is it healthy?  Etc.,etc., etc.  I'm just... eating - whatever.  I thought that would be scary but it's not.  It's relieving.

8. Mr. Helen's face when he realized I had made him fried chicken for his early Father's Day meal last Saturday.  I probably fry only about once a year, if that, so it was a huge treat for him.  Along with my lower fat red potato salad, southern fried yellow squash and his very favorite blueberry pie, made with fresh blueberries, all homemade, including the crust.  And that was a sacrifice because I do not like working with pie crust!

9.  Since we got home from vacation, Mr. Helen and I have not seen each other for more than 5 minutes two days in a row.  I'm not kidding.  Sunday night he was talking about the charity golf tournament he was playing in on Monday and then he'd have to go to karate on Tuesday and I replied, "See you Wednesday!"

10.  Got home from work to find a package addressed to me.  It was a "just because" package from Little Helen.  She wished for us to have a great summer on the patio, so sent along some fun beverage napkins, hors d'oeuvre knives, and added a Sephora gift card (which didn't make it into the photo, I was so excited).  I don't know if there's anything better than spontaneous love from your child!



8 comments:

  1. What a lovely thought gift of Little Helen. She knows her momma well!

    I know what you mean about see you Wednesday. R. left Saturday afternoon and came home Sunday at 10 pm (motor weekend). Next Friday he will be leaving right after work till Saturday evening. On the other hand the positive thing: the remote control is mine at night :)

    I'm with you on number 7, I realized that this weekend too and guess what: I lost weight yesterday morning. That's why I stopped WW again too, the moment I stop thinking about food all the time, I'm fine, just like you.

    You seem to be in a happy place right now and that makes me happy too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that never happens to me - Tony is always home, although last night he met a friend out - even if he was drinking seltzer water and lime. I got home at 7:30 and he got home at 9:00 - that 90 minutes was the longest I have been alone in my home for months!

    Aw, love the gifts from Little Helen! So thoughtful and I had to laugh about the "keep calm and put your flip flops on!" that's so you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give this whole post a resounding AWWWWW - sounds like a lot of really good things are going on, and you're taking the time to notice and appreciate them. Sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is great on so many levels. It's funny, both John and I work from home, but sometimes we only talk in the morning and then again at night. There are days where I hardly feel like I see him at all!

    Hooray for bonus neighbor flower gardens! :D It's nice to be able to enjoy without having to take care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have a house like number 6....it looked perfectly kept up. Oh wait....I could if I took the time to tend it like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((stealing)))
    this summer needs to be about the breathing and trusting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your challenge coordinator. So. VERY. TRUE. Mr. Helen is a very lucky man! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laughed at your #8, since I just told someone yesterday that I wanted fried chicken for my birthday meal this year. Once every six or seven years shouldn't hurt, should it? :)

    ReplyDelete