Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Five

1. My Neila Rey 30 Days of Change personal challenge is going excellent. While I was extremely sore the first week (and actually ended up in an ice bath by Saturday), this second week I have simply felt stronger even though the workouts continue to feel quite challenging.  Don't get me wrong, I am still a bit sore on some days but not feeling as hobbled as I did last week. I am excited to see my results at the end of the 30 days!

2. I love Morning Glory flowers.  While out running, I saw a fenced in yard covered in them - pink, purple, and white.  I especially love these pink ones!

3. My friend Em, who I have mentioned on this blog in the past, had her baby boy last week.  She'd been fretting for a few weeks because the docs wanted her to have a c-section but she got them to agree to at least wait past his due date to see if he'd come on his own.  He didn't and the c-section went off as scheduled.  He weighed ELEVEN pounds.  Afterwards she said based on that weight she wasn't as frustrated with having to have the c-section.  No kidding!  I'm going to be meeting him this weekend and I can't wait.  Nothing like new baby smell.

4.  Yet another yard I run by quite often.  Last year, they had sunflowers peeping up over their fenced in back yard.  This year they've turned their front yard into a wild flower garden.  Love it.



5. We got together with some friends for an appetizer meal and I took this dip to a friends house. It was the only appetizer that was completely gone by the end of the evening. It's going to be my go-to dip as it's super easy to make!  Here's how I did it:


Choose any size dish you'd like (depending on how much dip you want - this is a 9" glass round).  Pour extra virgin olive oil in the dish, just enough to cover the bottom of the dish.  Top with finely chopped tomatoes and some sliced scallions.  Crumble feta cheese over everything (use block feta that is in a brine) then sprinkle with Greek seasoning (Cavender's, McCormick's, Penzys or make your own.)  Just before serving, stir the ingredients together. Serve with baguette slices.

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Good on ya for keeping up with the workout challenge! That ice bath picture makes me shiver and want to reach for a sweatshirt!!

    Eleven pound baby. DANG! Bet he's a cutie pie, and here's a plus one hurray for c-sections!

    Love your neighbor's yard...what a treat to see without having to do the work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those pink morning glories! And the other flowers as well. Dang Helen, you do come up with the best recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get back to strength training - I can feel my body soften each day I skip it!

    Sunflowers are my favorite, they remind me of my grandmas house.

    Love that dip! Of course, you know I'll eat anything with cheese in it. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feta makes everythign bettah!!

    11 pounds - holy crow! A C-section was probably best :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum the dip sounds delicious!

    I love sunflowers too, they remind me of Summer which we don't have at the moment, feels more like Autumn.

    ReplyDelete