Monday, February 16, 2015

My Ridiculous February Weekend, in Pictures

Well not technically only the weekend as I'm starting with Thursday and ending with today. Extended weekend?

We're not only in an arctic air pattern, we're in a pattern where we're getting snow storms and squalls every couple of days.  View out my window at work last Thursday.  Look carefully and you can see the snowflakes, which were giant.  Thankfully this was only a squall so the roads were fine to drive on when it was time to go home.

Friday we had cold temps and sunshine.  It does help to see the sun and I'm lucky to have a wall of windows in my office.

Saturday morning I got up to work out and quickly checked the outside temp.  Not that I was going to run outside as we still don't have good access to our sidewalks, but because I know my garage will be about 10 degrees warmer.  I wanted to get a good run in for Lori's Heart Healthy Weekend event.  Even though I was stuck on the treadmill watching a couple TV shows, I got in a good run, which equals endorphins!  Yay for endorphins!

When I went to hang up my jacket after running, I found this (insert sad face here).  Columbia is a good company though and they warranty their jackets for life.  I have to send it back and they'll either repair or replace it.  I'm just afraid I won't get my pink back.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Got cleaned up and went inside to do a bit of cooking for the week and prep for our Valentine's Dinner that night. View out my kitchen window - yep, another snowstorm.  This one lasted until Sunday at noon.

While I was watching the storm I noticed something moving the bushes there on the left so I grabbed my real camera to zoom in and voila!  Birds in the bushes in the snow!

Even before the storm was forecast I had decided I would make us a Valentine's Dinner.  While it's nice to go out and have someone else do the work, it's nicer to stay at home and not pay the ridiculous prices.  Plus, I made a really easy dinner, Tenderloin Roast, Crockpot Smashed Red Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus (for me) and Green Beans (for Mr. Helen).  I bought a small truffle cake for us to have a bite of dessert and we opened a nice bottle of wine.  It was lovely.  Although I didn't put on makeup, we actually stayed dressed instead of putting on pajamas for dinner LOL!



Mr. Helen gave me this mini rose bush.  I hope I can keep it alive long enough to be able to plant it outside in the spring!

I had to work at the mall on Sunday.  The drive there was horrendous and it's only 2 miles away from my house.  Once I got there, the phone would not stop ringing with people calling to see if we were open.  I can't believe how many people wanted to be in the mall and then they were mad when they got there and several of the stores weren't open.  I made myself a chef salad to have as lunch and it took me 90 minutes to eat it because the phone would not stop ringing.  The salad was good, but seriously people!! I was so glad to get home last night.


This morning I got up to work out, sort of knowing I'd have to stay inside, mostly because I promised Mr. Helen I would.  First thing I did was check the temperature.


It's no wonder I feel like I'm losing my mind!  I did this workout in the family room with the fireplace going: 5 sets of 10 Shoulder Taps, 20 Squats, 10 Lunges (each leg), 10 Pushups, 5 Jump Squats, 20 T-Jacks.  Then I did 6 sets of 10 Plank Jacks, 10 Mountain Climbers, 10 Flutter Kicks, 10 Side to Side Crunches.  I finished up with a 14 minute Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Power Walk that I found on You Tube. The whole workout took me 49 minutes.  Better than nothing, right? And we're staying in the cold air pattern for most of this week with another snow storm forecast for tomorrow.

Spring can't get here fast enough!

12 comments:

  1. Aw dang - your jacket! Hopefully they can replace it fast, since, um, you kinda need it. Nice going with getting that treadmill run in on Saturday in your (haha) balmy garage.

    I notice that when it get really rainy the birds come out to play, much like your snow birds. Cute, but they seem a little crazy to me.

    Seems like so many of my friends/family are getting snow and super cold temps this week. Spring is almost here...I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to use my old fleece jackets and yes, I used plural because I'll probably have to double up. I really hope I can get the pink one back!

      Delete
  2. I feel for you, that's really too much snow and too much cold. I can totally understand it drives you crazy, especially since you're a Summer person.

    Keep my fingers crossed that Spring arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is too much. Every year that we have this solidifies my resolve to move south ASAP!

      Delete
  3. Yep, we've got the arctic air too, but one thing I noticed, especially after seeing your bird picture, was that when I was getting ready in my bathroom I could hear birds chirping and it's just one more sign that spring is around the corner - just wish it was today!

    Hang in there! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No offense Biz but you should have arctic air, you live in Chicago!

      Delete
  4. Those are some crazy cold temperatures. I won't go over the temps we've had the last four days. I'll just say there are a crazy amount of flowers and bulbs popping up around here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine that. Pray for my rose bush, mmmmmkay? It might actually freeze in the house at the rate we're going!

      Delete
  5. Our wind chills last night were -28!! Holy crow. John was out in that because he was at a late night poker game and said it pretty much sucked (the cold, not the game). I hate that because he crawls into bed like an icicle :D

    Yay for pretty rose bushes. That should make you smile every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't forget to send me your HHW picture!

      Delete
  6. OH NOOOOOO.
    I need the pink here.
    or something fun sassy colorful that I LOVE or Id not get through the cold either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know which more brutal--the temps or the gray, gray, gray.

    Fingers crossed your pretty pink jacket gets repaired!

    ReplyDelete