2. Speaking of workouts, I'm glad to report that I think my MCL issue is one that is going to heal quickly. On Thursday evening, which was 2 1/2 days after my fall, I decided I felt well enough to try to take a walk - and I did with no pain! Granted I wore an extra heavy-duty knee brace but I was so happy to move. I have faithfully been icing the knee and wearing that brace to work and I think that has really moved things along. On Saturday, I braced up and ran 5 miles. On Sunday, our weather turned into spring and I couldn't stand the thought of not being outside so I strolled 5 miles - i.e., not at an exercise pace. Monday, I ran and this morning I did strength training and a shorter run. I seem to be fine as long as I support it, which makes me happy!
3. I really appreciate that Lynne (who I am not sure has ever commented before) chimed in with her experience regarding her MCL. That made me feel confident that I could try to walk and run. Thank you so much Lynne! Input like that gives me renewed love for the blogging (and running) community. Just like Lynne said, the forward motion is fine and it's only if I suddenly turn pushing into a side motion when it hurts. I'll know I'm better when I'm able to turn over in bed without waking up because the motion has twinged the ligament.
4. Food continues to be well varied but under control. I don't want it to come off that I never struggle with thoughts of wanting to eat more, or have that glass of wine on Wednesday. Pretty much I just keep telling myself I've had plenty already and if I want to continue to feel good I need to stay on this path. Following the 21 days to form a new habit thing, I'm hoping in a couple more weeks it's more automatic than not.
5. Speaking of food, looking through recipes thinking about the week ahead, I made my Sausage, Sweet Potato and Spinach Casserole to eat for breakfasts. It's so easy for me to get in a rut, especially with breakfast. I'm glad I made it as I had forgotten how yummy this is!
6. I got a new washer and dryer for Valentine's Day! Just kidding but we did buy it the day before Valentine's Day and Mr. Helen did try to pass it off as a gift until I reminded him that it's not a gift if I contribute paying for it. I've been shopping for one for a couple months and I cannot believe how much the technology has changed in the last 13 years, which was the last time I shopped for a set. That set went to my mom when we moved into our current home as there was a set here already.
I have hated that old washer and dryer since the day we moved in. Honestly, I just do not care for GE appliances at all and as I replace things they are not GE! I hope I like my new set, which are LG, high efficiency, and energy star rated.
7. Those beauties had to come down that same awful stair case as our sectional did a couple years ago, which is why we bought bought a set even though it was really the dryer that had issues. Mr. Helen and a couple buddies helped him get out old ones out since we didn't want the delivery guys to be there all day. Turned out the stairs weren't even the issue. Even though we had been very careful about the width of the units, we didn't think about the depth. The depth shouldn't have mattered except the washer hose hookups are not recessed on these units. Plus our rigid dryer vent didn't work. The simple delivery turned into a 4 hour ordeal - for us not for the delivery guys of course. This resulted in a trip to buy more new hoses with an elbow and a flexible foil vent. Plus lots of curse words and frustration from Mr. Helen. In my dream house, instead of a laundry closet, I have a room with a counter and a sink. I guess I should just be glad I have a washer and dryer and don't have to go to the laundromat every week, right?
8. Though I use it every day for coffee, I finally tried my Ninja Coffee Concierge to make a fancy drink. I chose to make a Peppermint Mocha, which is the only drink I'll buy from $tarbuck$ and even then usually only if I'm traveling. Anyway, I used this chocolate (also yummy to eat lol):
I chopped about a half ounce into the bottom of my cup, then set the brewer to specialty brew, which concentrates the coffee. While it was brewing, I heated a half cup of 1% milk and frothed it well, and voila! Not only did it taste just like a Peppermint Mocha, I made it healthier with no syrup and no artificial ingredients.
9. I earned another $5 last Saturday, even with reduced exercise due to my fall. I know it's a combination of food and exercise that makes up the overall picture, but I was still happily surprised. I just do not trust my thyroid to cooperate. Mr. Helen wanted to show me the photo again, but I'm stood firm and said not looking until I'm done.
10. Before you ask, I'll feel done when I'm wearing a size 10. That was what I wanted in 2002 and it's what I want now.