The weather fully cooperated for me to get some projects done on my extra day off, i.e., it was rainy, drizzly and pretty cruddy most of the weekend. And cold. I'm ready for the cold to go away.
Friday morning, I got up, worked out, and immediately dove in to get some of the things off my to-do list. As I told Mr. Helen, as usual I was overly ambitious and didn't get as many things as I wanted to done but at least I got some of my least favorite chores done.
- Painted the hand railing going down to the family room. That railing had not properly been re-set back into the wall since we bought our new furniture in 2014. After we got our new washer and dryer a few weeks ago, I insisted Mr. Helen figure out how to put it back up and stabilize it. He did but had to flip it around so there was exposed wood as it evidently had been put up then painted by the previous owners. Such a simple fix but it feels so good to glance at it and see it correctly installed and painted.
- Completely emptied my inside refrigerator/freezer and cleaned it from top to bottom. As much as I hate doing this job, it really is a supremely satisfying job to finished as everything is fresh and organized afterwards.
- Organized the outside full freezer, and the top freezer of the outside refrigerator. Again, so satisfying to get that done. The outside fridge will need to be emptied and cleaned but honestly it's been too cool for me to want to be out there doing that. I'll do it in April when we do our big garage clean out.
- Assembled the new shoe rack I bought over the Christmas season on an Amazon Lightening Deal. I now have twice as much room for shoes to be out of their boxes. I also put away my boots for the season. Even though we are having typical schizophrenic spring weather (60 one day, 35 the next), I really don't see it being consistently cold enough for me to wear boots.
- Cleaned the "junk" drawer in my bedroom.
- Spring cleaned the upstairs bathroom: this means I take a toothbrush to trim and anything else that needs detailing, and literally scrub every single thing down from ceiling to floor.
My sister makes this Caesar salad. The recipe is a legacy from a old boyfriend. This is better than any Caesar you'll ever get at a restaurant! We have included it for holidays so often it's now part of the tradition.
Look closely and you'll see Mama Helen turned the napkins into bunny ears. She was so proud of that.
My niece had requested the shortcake as her birthday cake and everyone also enjoyed the pie!
Great weekend and I'm so happy I was able to tick a few things off the to do list. I know for sure I've got to get these projects done before summer gets here. Next up, the big garage clean up.