Wednesday, April 26, 2017

New Stuff News

I have been an avid Fuel Belt fan since I first learned about them while training for my very first marathon back in 2003.  Every runner has their preference and mine is to not carry anything in my hands, so a belt that let me carry water and/or a hydration drink was the perfect answer.

A couple weeks ago, when we finally had nice enough weather that I didn't need a jacket (therefore had no pockets to stash water in), I grabbed my Fuel Belt and realized it was worn out and I'd need a new one before full on summer set in. Of course, I went to their site and... they've discontinued making the belt I like.  Sigh.

This sent me to Amazon where I searched because I knew a bunch of different styles and brands would come up. I actually found the same belt I have now and put it in my cart as I continued to look. Then, I found a different one at 1/2 the price of the Fuel Belt.  I figured what the heck, I'll order and if I hate it, return and get the Fuel Belt.

I had a chance to use it over the weekend. Made by Adalid, it only has 2 bottles but they are 10 oz. bottles and the pocket on the front is large enough for my phone, plus keys or whatever. It has a clip closure that is adjustable for waists from 27" to 40" (instead of velcro like Fuel Belt). It also came with toggles to attach a race bib to - removable when you're not using them. My verdict is that I love it.  In fact, I like it better than Fuel Belt.


Of course, last Monday morning I ran in shorts and a tee with my old belt and this past Monday, I had to drag my jacket back out as it was only 40 degrees.  Spring in New England. By the way, Adalid has not compensated me in any way, I just really like this product and wanted to share.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Saturday, I did something I haven't done in forever:  no laundry, no housekeeping, no grocery shopping, no chores.  Instead I went with my friend to a large mall that's about an hour from my house to shop and have lunch.  She was looking for a dress for her niece's upcoming wedding and I was just going along to have a fun day.  And we did!  Though I didn't go with plans to buy anything, I ended up buying a couple cute tops for the summer and my upcoming vacation:

(Not me, but this is one of the shirts)

We ate lunch at Cheesecake Factory where I had a lunch-sized portion of their Cobb salad.  I love the way they chop their Cobb salad up and since there is no Cheesecake Factory nearby me, this is a real treat.  We both bought a piece of cheesecake to take home - mine was white chocolate raspberry truffle - and that ended up being my dinner. Yummy.

After lunch we decided to go look at the non-clothing areas of the store to walk off our lunch.  As we were headed to the bargain/outlet section I spied a comforter set that I liked.  About a year ago I changed the color scheme in our bedroom linens to navy.  You would not believe how hard it was to find a navy-ish comforter.  I finally found one on Amazon and not even a year later, it was falling apart.

As I went to look at it my friend said she'd been looking for something just like it for her remodel (she did the works - new furniture, paint, etc.) so I told her to take it because I couldn't afford it anyway - it was $360.  She replied that she thought it was on sale for $149, so when I said, "Oh!" she said she'd find a sales person and see if they had another, if I didn't mind us having the same.  Of course I didn't mind, it's not like we're showing up at a party in the same dress, right?  They did have one and we both ended up buying the set - which had 14 pieces, including a set of sheets!

(Stock photo, not my bed)

Best of all?  When we got to the register, it was marked down even more and we paid only $100!!!  I put it on our bed yesterday and I'm just going to say I see why it cost $360.  The quality is amazing and it made the whole room feel rich. It's probably the nicest comforter we've ever had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is a local restaurant we love to go to for breakfast or lunch.  It's the type of place where you put your order in at the counter then go sit down somewhere and they bring it to you.  On the counter, they always have a huge dispenser filled with infused water that is complimentary.  It's usually infused with cucumber, lemons, and limes.  It's so refreshing.

I was on Amazon looking for something else and a water bottle with a built in infuser popped up in my recommended items. (I swear, it's like they read your mind).  I bought it and now am enjoying something other than plain water.  Best of all, it has a lifetime warranty and when you register it, they send you a free ebook with infusion recipes.  It's made by Danum if you'd like to search for it. Again, I was not compensated for this, it's just a new thing I'm enjoying.


What's new with you?

9 comments:

  1. Just started reading your blog and enjoy it a lot. Glad I read this one--had no idea that "fuel belts" even EXISTED! WONDERFUL--I'm off to Amazon to order one. I don't run but do go on hard-core, long walks; this is perfect! Otherwise I take our water bottle sling and have to feel it hit my back or side with every stride (ugh). LOVE the pink top and the comforter you purchased, too. I think of my bedroom as my "oasis" and it's a blessing to have it COZY! Thanks for sharing. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the blog Melissa. You will really enjoy your hydration belt if you do long walks and hikes - so much nicer than carrying a bottle.

      Delete
  2. Love all of your new stuff! That new hydration belt is cool - I never understood why some brands make their bottles only 8 ounces, as the entire point of it is to carry a decent amount of water with you. Nice that it works so well plus a better price is always good, which leaves more money for more fun things!

    That pink top is so you. It's really pretty and if it had sleeves, I'd be all over it, too! And a huge woohoo for getting such a deal on that bedding set, which is just gorgeous. Ahhh, there's nothing like fresh new sheets and all the works to make your bedroom look so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should care more about being in sleeveless stuff but that's one area where I put my fingers in my ears and say "lalalalalala." Hey at least it's one place I have total body acceptance.

      If you get to Macy's you should see all the gorgeous spring tops the INC line has. I love the fact that PINK is in this year!

      Delete
  3. Yay to the day of fun shopping with your friend!!!!! I love the comforter set you got.....and I like the deal you got even better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I get a great deal that I wasn't even expecting!

      Delete
  4. Now I'm most interested in that water infuser bottle! I already put it in my cart on Amazon. I'm wondering if it would work with mint. I have some apple mint and chocolate mint and I never do anything with it except rip it out because it grows voraciously! And, your new bedroom set is really beautiful. It seems peaceful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the ebook of recipes had many that use mint! Mint is great in infused water.

      Delete
  5. I hear you on the comforter thing. Our bedroom is lavender colored and we have been searching for over a year for a comforter that will look good! Super score on the bargain, too.

    ReplyDelete